Prompt: Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.

 Prompt Response: A disagreement I wish I could have handled differently was when my parents told me I couldn't go to the lake and I told them I can just drive my own car. I wish I would have just said okay instead because my parents took my phone. If I would have just said yes I understand dad then it would be an argument but it was actually a fight. My goal was to go see my boyfriend in Tennessee. Now I would have said hey dad I have an idea. Instead of demanding to take my car to Tennessee.  I used past tense and I should have used further tense. That's a disagreement I wish I handled differently.

Summary: In class we learned the difference between a fight and an argument.

Reflection:  I can use what I learned in class with my boyfriend instead of fighting and getting no where I can have an argument and agree on something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt: What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.