Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt Response:  A time I tried to get someone to agree with me was my parents. I was trying to persuade them to let me go to a concert on a school night. I used pathos and logos. I used pathos to make them feel like I would be sad if I couldn't go. Then I used logos to tell them a fact that I wouldn't have to get to school till 10 because of Dual and it would be okay because  it doesn't start till the 24th and the concert is  the 18. That is  how I used pathos and logos to persuade my parents.

Summary:Today in class I presented the origin and history of my name and how my parents got the name. 

Reflection: I learned about ethos logos and pathos and how pathos actually has to move you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt: What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.